1) In this song, Denver sings that he was “born in the summer of his 27th year,” because that’s when he discovered the place where he felt most at home. What do you remember about your 27th year? (If it hasn’t happened yet, what do you want to happen when you’re 27?)
i’m currently 27, and lots has happened! some notable things were that Rinny made a visit, i won my disability case, the Supreme Court made same-sex marriage legal in the US [and there’s still a lot of fighting left to do. this is just a step in the right direction.] and i went back to the dentist for the first time in five years. my 27th year isn’t over yet, so there’s probably going to be more stuff to write about later on.
2) In 2007, the Colorado General Assembly named this one of the state’s two official songs. (The other is “Where the Columbines Grow.”) Do you know your state song?
i don’t, but Google/Wikipedia told me New Jersey lacks one.
3) John Denver was a dedicated environmentalist who wrote an anthem about Earth Day. Are you careful about your energy consumption? Do you recycle?
i do recycle, however my energy consumption mindfulness is probably extremely terrible.
4) 1975 is also the year that Denver released a collection of holiday songs called Rocky Mountain Christmas. On this August day, what’s the first carol that comes to mind?
Frosty the Snowman
5) Denver dabbled in photography in his spare time and friends say he was quite good. Tell us about your hobbies.
i color, play video games, cosplay, and this here blog is a hobby!
6) In 1975, when this song was popular, mood rings were all the rage. It was said that the ring reflected the wearer’s mood. Black = anxious/stressed, orange = worried, green = normal, blue = happy, pink = as good as it gets. As you respond to this week’s Saturday 9, what color would your mood ring be?
probably Pink, i can’t complain too much right now
7) Pet Rocks were 1975’s other odd cultural phenomenon. Do you have any real-life, breathing pets?
yes, i have a koi pond, fish tank and a dog
8) 1975 saw the premiere of Wheel of Fortune. Are you good at word puzzles?
9) Random question: Did you sleep well last night?
i’m still sleeping [i hope] by the time this actually gets posted [i schedule things to be posted at Midnight Eastern Time] so let’s hope so!