1) Sam Smith explains that this song is about just not wanting to wake up alone. How about you? Are you comfortable being by yourself?
yes, and also no. it really depends!
2) Last year a lawsuit filed by Tom Petty and Jeff Lynne, who maintained that “Stay with Me” was really just “I Won’t Back Down.” Petty and Lynne won. Here’s their song. Do you hear the similarities?
yep, but here’s a thing. artists are always ripping each other off and suing each other about it.
3) Smith performed this on The David Letterman Show. Did you watch Dave’s final episode last May?
i did not. 🙁
4) Smith says his style was influenced by ladies with “massive voices,” including Adele, Amy Winehouse, Chaka Kahn, and Whitney Houston. Of those four, which do you listen to most often?
of these four, probably Whitney Houston the most.
5) Speaking of style, Mr. Smith is a smart dressed man who looks comfortable and dapper as he walks the red carpet in a tux. Do you enjoy getting dressed up for special occasions?
yeah, sometimes i have a bout of wanting to look pretty, but then i am also like, “GET THIS CRAP OFF THIS INSTANT.” *hisses*
6) “Occasions” is a word that makes Crazy Sam stumble because she can never remember how to spell it correctly. Are you a good speller?
noooo! my grammar sucks too.
7) Sam Smith was born on May 19, which makes him a Taurus. When did you last check your horoscope?
do those silly signs text posts on Tumblr count?
8) Tauruses are supposed to be reliable, organized and ambitious. Do any of those three adjectives describe you?
reliable! i’m definitely too messy to be organized and too anxious to be ambitious.
9) Random question: Look at the floor. Do you see carpet, rug, hard wood or tile?
“fake” hard wood. because all the jumping around and hyperactivity i have due to ADD, i would probably scratch the ever living hell out of the real stuff. real hardwood is down throughout the house except the bathrooms [tile, obviously.] and the guest room, which also has the fake stuff.