Valentine’s Day was full of dating sims and general “this holiday is bullshit”
Final Fantasy Record Keeper is released
Aidan Turner indirectly tried to murder me
returned to the dentist after a five year break
The Elder Scrolls Online [Again]
Supreme Court makes same-sex marriage legal in all fifty US states. Love Wins.
Got an invite to a friend’s wedding
Rinny comes to visit
Rinny comes to visit [again!]
pretty sure you’re seeing a pattern with Rinny visits yet?
i got a new computer
1. What did you do in 2015 that you’d never done before?
I don’t think I did anything that warranted as never done. I’m pretty boring.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
i didn’t make any for 2015, but for 2016 i’m going to -try- [keyword there] to take a selfie daily.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
yes, we welcomed my second nephew!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
6. What countries did you visit?
7. What date from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why:
ALL THE RINNY VISITS! BECAUSE RINNY.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
i went back to a dentist.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I am my biggest failure.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
yes, this month alone was full of illness.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
the ‘ships acceptance of Rinny’s gender idenity. we’re still working on pronouns but i think preferred name is starting to stick!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
nobody’s this year, i think?
14. Where did most of your money go?
AnimeNEXT 2015, gifts for Rinny and Steam sales.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
AnimeNEXT 2015 and visits from Rinny
16. What song will always remind you of 2015?
Bad Romance and Chandelier
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier
ii. thinner or fatter? thinner, i lost a lot of weight due to fever
iii. richer or poorer? richer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Reminding myself that things work out – one way or another, they always work out.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying about the future.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With the parents, my brother, his wife, and their kids
21. There was no #21. I don’t know why there was no 21.
I’ll make up my own question:
21. Why does the term “designer drugs” conjure up an image of a bunch of pills hanging out wearing tiny Chanel and Prada clothing and snappy accessories?
Um, I think that’s the point of the name – to make you feel you’re better than the wino down the street whispering “fucksticks” at every passerby.
22. Did you fall in love in 2015?
besides the obvious of my girlfriend, i fell in love with several pictures of kittens and tigers
23. How many one-night stands?
None. Not into that shit.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
too many to list!
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
i really enjoyed Oasis, and i’m re-reading Demelza, the 2nd Poldark book
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
How can one “discover” music that’s been written by someone else, produced by another person, then promoted by a third entity?
28. What did you want and get?
i got a new computer desk!
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
i turned 27, i didn’t do much
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Owning a unicorn that farted Skittles.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?
Is it clean? Is it comfortable? Wearing it.
34. What kept you sane?
Sanity is overrated.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Aidan Turner and Lee Pace as Thranduil and Ned the Piemaker grew on me
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I hate politics.
37. Who did you miss?
MY GIRLFRIEND ON ALL THE DAYS WE WEREN’T TOGETHER. ;PP
38. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015:
life’s too short to dwell on stupid petty crap
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year (because this Meme is apparently written for tweens):
Fuck that noise.