Found this super neat holiday edition of Getting to Know You on the IGGPP forums!
1. Favorite holiday movie?
The Year Without A Santa Claus, Elf, and The Nightmare Before Christmas
2. What are 3 things on your wish list this year?
3. Does it snow where you live?
yes it does, it actually snowed two years in a row on this date, but 2015 is shaping up to be a unseasonably warm December, so we might be late on getting snow this year
4. Which winter holiday do you celebrate?
5. Worst gift you’ve ever gotten?
Mothership is really terrible at buying clothes for me, so i do not let her shop for me unsupervised. 99.9% i never wear what she gets and i end up donating it
6. Biggest pet peeve about the holiday season?
probably on how commercialized it’s become, how retail pushes it in your face when you’re barely starting summer holidays and do not even get me started on the people who got their knickers in a twist over Starbucks’ red cups not being “christmas-y” enough. take your extremist version of religion and shove it up your ass
7. Favorite seasonal song?
Last Christmas by Wham! complete with obnoxious singing because i’m that ridiculous and the Chipmunks’ Christmas Song [I STILL WANT A HULAAAAAA HOOOOOOOOOOOOP.]
8. Would you rather it be cold and cloudy, or be kind of warm out?
cold means i can always get warm
9. Hot chocolate or eggnog?
both! eggnog with booze and hot cocoa with giant mallows
10. Favorite thing to wear during the holiday season?
i have a “I’m not short, I’m Elf-sized.” tee shirt
11. Anybody you’re hoping to bump into under the mistletoe?
Rinny, obviously 😀
12. Embarrassing holiday story?
i can’t recall any
13. Favorite holiday treat?
Soooooooooo many cookies
14. Latest you’ve stayed up on New Year’s Eve?
probably 2-3am, because i get some stragglers on wishing me a Happy New Year
15. Favorite holiday character?
16. What are you doing for the holidays this year?
We are going to see Star Wars The Force Awakens on Christmas Eve since the Hobbit Trilogy is over. On Christmas Day we’ll open presents and bum around.
17. Favorite pie flavor?
GIVE ME ALL THE PIE. except ones with nuts in…i’m sensitive. peanut butter cup pie is fine, though.
18. Your favorite holiday tradition growing up?
Pancakes on Christmas morning
19. White lights or colored lights?
20. What tops your tree?
we usually have this animated angel, but she didn’t go up last year because the tree was too tall. oops.
21. Candy canes – Yum or Yuck?
depends on the brand
22. Favorite gift ever received?
damn near everything Rinny has gotten me but i especially love my Tentakitty and my 3DS i got from the ‘ships.
23. Favorite seasonal activity?
playing in the snow with a snow-loving dog, and building snowpeople!
24. Favorite seasonal story?
i’m not sure if a Broadway play counts as a story, but i absolutely love RENT and also Charlie Brown’s Christmas
25. Which of the “12 Days of Christmas” would you most like to receive?
the Patridge in a pear tree. this partridge in particular even though he’d probably murder me