i’m gunna admit that this week’s Saturday 9 is a bit tough to do, being a Bowie fan. 🙁
1) In this song, David encourages his partner to “put on your red shoes and dance.” When did you last dance?
it’s been quite a while, considering all my urinary tract issues! pretty sure i’ll be dancing once i finish the damn antibiotics though
2) Mr. Bowie recalled that he and choreographer Toni Basil developed a dance step now known as “the moonwalk” for his 1974 tour, nearly a decade before Michael Jackson performed “Billie Jean.” Can you think of something you should have gotten credit for, but didn’t?
details are fuzzy, but i’m pretty sure a school group project eons ago.
3) Similarly, the band Roxy Music was upset because Bowie copied their “catsuit look” for his own stage wardrobe and made it famous. What do you usually wear, Monday through Friday?
literally? pajamas. unless i have to leave the house. it’s literally just too tiring to get dressed every day. chronic illness SUCKS
4) David Bowie was particular about the aftershave he wore, and one of his favorites was by Guerlain. Do you regularly apply cologne or aftershave?
not regularly but i’m often sporting Victoria’s Secret Bombshell body mist that Rinny got for me
5) In school, David’s best subject was art. Think back to your own school days. In which class did you excel?
i was the bomb at science and history
6) In addition to art and music, David Bowie displayed a keen head for business, leaving a fortune of more than $600,000,000. Would you describe yourself as “good with money?”
hahahahahahahaha….ha….no, but i don’t completely blow it
7) Bowie also appeared in a variety of movies from The Man Who Fell to Earth to Zoolander. Who is your all-time favorite movie actor?
8) One of Bowie’s hits is “Life on Mars.” If you had the opportunity to travel into space, would you take it?
no there are xenomorphs out there. the queen wants to eat me!! [Alien reference…..gotta watch the movies!]
9) The creators of SpongeBob Square Pants are huge Bowie fans and were thrilled when, in 2007, he appeared in an episode. Sam suspects that she may be the only person who hasn’t seen that cartoon show. What about you? Have you ever watched an episode of SpongeBob, start to finish?
unfortunately, yes. it was painful. my nephew is obsessed with the show while i cannot stand it