1) This song is a rather shameless come-on by an accomplished ladies’ man. Do you enjoy flirting?
i’m actually really, really terrible at flirting. it’s so fucking awkward.
2) Shaggy sings that he’s like a turtle coming out of his shell. Do you think turtles, snakes and lizards make good pets? Or would you prefer a companion animal that has fur or feathers?
i prefer companion animals of the furry variety
3) He also sings that if you don’t feel like driving, you should hand him the keys. Are you comfortable letting others drive your car?
i don’t have a car, i’m medically not allowed to drive
4) He tries to woo the girl with the promise of a bubble bath. Do you enjoy relaxing in the tub? Or do you view baths and showers as simply part of your hygiene routine, like brushing your teeth?
bubble baths are pretty damn rad, but only with Lush bombs, ‘cos then you’re not getting any of that extra crap that makes your junk angry
5) Born Orville Burrell, Shaggy took his stage name from his shaggy hair. Using your hair as inspiration, what would your stage name be?
Shaved rager [i have no clue, don’t ask.]
6) Sam admits she hadn’t thought about this 20+ year old song in years, until she heard it on a Chase Bank commercial. According to the Federal Reserve Bank, checkwriting dropped more than 50% between 2000 and 2010. Who received the last check you wrote?
my mother, for this month’s rent. i actually was surprised i used up a whole book of checks between rent and medical bills
7) Which would you prefer to receive in a birthday card: a $25 check or a $20 Target gift card?
i’d take the check and hope it doesn’t bounce
8) Sam’s mother refuses to pay bills online. All the news stories about data breaches scare her. Have you ever been hacked? If so, did it take long to get the situation resolved?
i had my XBOX Live account hacked years ago, and more recently in May some clod got my credit card. the credit card resolution was a lot faster.
9) In 1995, when this song was popular, Michael Jordan “unretired” and returned to the Chicago Bulls. Tell us about a decision you made that you wish you could undo.
i don’t regret any of my decisions