1. What book is on your nightstand now?
10 Things I Can See from Here by Carrie Mac
2. What was the last truly great book you read?
I really, really, REALLY loved If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo
3. If you could meet any writer—dead or alive—who would it be? What would you want to know?
I’d wanna know from Holly Black if The Faerie Tale series was ever going to get a film adaptation, because I have this SUPER HOT vision of Roiben in my head and I’d just love to see him get out of my head and onto the screen. But also, Hollywood tends to beat the shit out of books.
4. What books might we be surprised to find on your shelves?
Probably none of it. Except maybe the print copies of Homestuck and Sunstone because:
a. who the heck wants print copies of a web comic when it’s online for free?
b. Sunstone is kinky and smutty, YOU DON’T LOOK THE TYPE???? oh hohohoho, you’d be surprised. Didn’t your mama always tell you to beware the quiet ones?
5. How do you organize your personal library?
Haphazard piles on my bedroom floor underneath the window. there’s not enough room in here for a bookshelf. womp womp womp. Maybe when I move tf out.
6. What book have you always meant to read and haven’t gotten around to yet? Anything you feel embarrassed never to have read?
I’m not at all embarrassed about not having read something. I have a list of “To Be Read” nearly surpassing 200 books so I’m working on it. I read one book at a time. I don’t have the brain capacity to try to juggle multiple books at once.
7. What book did you feel you were supposed to like but didn’t? Do you remember the last book you put down without finishing?
I really thought I was going to like Our Own Private Universe by Robin Talley, but I absolutely hated it. I have yet to DNF a book yet, though. I’m too afraid to hurt my reading challenge. haha.
8. What kinds of stories are you drawn to? Any you stay clear of?
I like books that suck you in, and give you that HOLY SHIT I CAN’T PUT THIS DOWN. Bonus points if it’s gay as hell and features disabled / queer characters.
I avoid anything that might trigger me or has that “person falls in love and their mental illness is automagically cured!” trope
9. If you could require the president to read one particular book, what would it be?
I would never subject a poor book to that Cheeto’s baby hands, no matter how much I hate it.
10. What do you plan to read next?
The You I’ve Never Known by Ellen Hopkins
Shamelessly thieved from The Bookavid.