1) This week’s artist, Elton John, was made an Office of Arts and Letters — one of France’s highest honors for people who have contributed significantly to the arts. What’s the most recent compliment you received?
i received a really cute comment on the Random Acts of Amazon Subreddit:
2) In 2013, Elton had to cancel an international concert tour because he had an appendectomy. Do you still have your appendix?
as far as i know, yes!
3) In 1979, Elton John was the first Western rock star to tour the Soviet Union. Would you like to visit Russia?
not really, considering what i’ve been hearing about what’s going down in Chechnya. fellow gay people are being detained and tortured there.
4) Elton and his mother hadn’t spoken in years but he reached out to her and healed their beach in honor of her 90th birthday in 2015. Who is the oldest person you know?
my grandfather on my Dad’s side was 93 when he passed.
5) Flowers and plants are popular on Mother’s Day. How is your yard or garden? Is it green and/or blooming?
6) Mother’s Day is a big holiday for card shops. So are birthdays, weddings, and St. Patrick’s Day. Hallmark sells greetings for everything from “Congratulations on Your New Job” to “Happy Retirement.” Who received the most recent card you bought?
i think it was an anniversery card for my fiance two years ago. we don’t buy cards anymore though.
7) Sam’s mother is very careful when she unwraps presents because she likes to save money by to reusing wrapping paper and gift bags. Tell us one way that you economize.
we always reuse plastic shopping bags!
8) Mother Winters used to scold Crazy Sam for leaving her dirty dishes in the sink. Sam admits it: as a grown up, she still leaves dirty dishes in the sink. How about you? Is your sink or dishwasher empty?
they are both empty!
9) RANDOM QUESTION: What size mattress do you sleep on — twin, full, queen or king?
full, i would really like a queen though eventually