Memorial Day is the federal holiday designated to honor American service people who died in battle. Though our song choice is humorous, we honor their sacrifice in our hearts.
1) Memorial Day was introduced after the Civil War. War memorials, as well as the graves of veterans, are to be decorated with flags and flowers on this day to show our appreciation. Is there a war memorial in your neighborhood?
There is one at the high school i graduated from that the Alumni Association put together
2) Andrew Johnson, our 17th President, was in office the first time Memorial Day (then called Decoration Day) was celebrated. Have you ever met one of our 45 Presidents?
i have not, but i have met Hilary Clinton
3) According to the AAA, 36 million Americans will hit the road this weekend and drive more than 50 miles. Will you be traveling far from home this weekend?
4) Memorial Day kicks off the summer season. What’s your favorite picnic food?
5) Have you packed away your winter clothes? Or is the weather still so changeable that you still may need something warm?
the weather is still changing from hot to cold and frankly i’m getting a lil’ tired of it. LOL
6) As you answer these questions, is there an air conditioner or fan on?
my ceiling fan is on
7) This week, we are featuring the Muppets. Jim Henson made the first Muppet out of an old coat, and he used ping pong balls for the eyes. Do you have a talent for do-it-yourself/arts and crafts projects?
i am definitely not crafty, but my fiance is!
8) Random question: Think of the last thing you bought. Did you get a good deal?
i got a Samoyed plushie from Squishable. i think i got a good deal, cos it was on sale for the Squishable Anniversary Sale and i got it for under $20 inc. shipping. i’m naming him Harvard! 😀
9) Crazy Sam needs your help: What song or a performer would you like to see featured in a Saturday 9 this summer? You’ll begin seeing your suggestions as Saturday 9 themes in mid-June. Thanks!